Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, Pitch Perfect 2, Inside Out

Hello and welcome back to another installment of my film review section. Incase you have never been here before this is where I review films that I have seen in the cinema, at friends houses and from my very large collection that I need to get though at home.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets
Benjamin Gates must follow a clue left in John Wilkes Booth's diary to prove his ancestor's innocence in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. - IMDB

 Oh look more Nicolas Cage ......
Yes I got around to watching National Treasure 2 to see if it was as good as it was hyped up to be.
National Treasure 2 seems to be more of the same but hey it was fun the first time around, saying that it defiantly doesn't hold up to Indiana Jones. It is worth a watch as a follow on from the first film but don't expect to be wowed because it really is more the same.

I give this film 8/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pitch Perfect 2
After a humiliating command performance at The Kennedy Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has ever won in order to regain their status and right to perform. - IMDB

So after enjoying and obsessing over the first film I have got my hands finally on a my own copy of Pitch Perfect 2. The first Pitch Perfect was something special and I feel it would take a lot to top it.
Pitch Perfect 2 I feel tries very hard to achieve that goal but is sitting just under that goal line. I still enjoyed it a lot, it still has singing, Acapella and young women with diversely different personalities. Lilly is still my favourite because how strange she is.
Pitch Perfect 2 is a worthy second to it's beginnings that is equally fun to watch. 

I give this film 9/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside Out
After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school. - IMDB

First of all wow! Just wow!
This id one of the better animated films I have seen in a while and I hope I get to see many more that can hit the same mark. I love how they explain the physiological goings on in our heads with boring us to tears or confusing us.
The cast is great for this story and Amy Pooler is always up for the challenge for a new adventure and I think she plays the role of joy perfectly. 
Inside Out will have you laugh a lot, cry and smile in between, the whole family will enjoy this on many levels. 

I give this film 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading.


Comments