Cloud Zombie's Film Cupboard - Earthrise, The Purge, The BFG, Bill

Happy Wednesday and welcome to my film review section.
More or less every Wednesday I review films from my huge film collection because they are not going to watch themselves.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earthrise
99% of the human race has colonized on Mars. The remaining few work to rehabilitate our dying planet. Each year a small number are selected to return home to aid in the process. For those few, it will be their first glimpse of Earth. We follow them on their journey in this sci-fi psychological thriller. Go home. For the first time. - IMDB 

Firstly I think that Cargo did this better and I put this in the category of not being a real film. It is a bad low budget film that doesn't have very good script writers to hold it up to the vastness of science fiction films. The actors were not the best but hey they could be just be starting out or it is a student film so I won't judge them too much.

I give this film 3/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Purge
In the future, a wealthy family is held hostage for harboring the target of a murderous syndicate during the Purge, a 12-hour period in which any and all crime is legalized. - IMDB 

The Purge is something a little difference to the usual psycho/slasher kid o movies, this takes them and adds new rules to the usual set of horror rules. This actually frightens me because it actually feels like it could happen in this day and age, to me this is where the world could be headed if the rich get their way in the world.

Lena Headey and Ethan Hawke are thrilling in this, they work incredibly well together and of course Lena brings her usual awesomeness into the film.

I give this film 10/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The BFG
A young orphan girl, Sophie, gets taken away to a faraway land populated by Giants and Dreams. - IMDB 

Who doesn't like The BFG really?
I loved this film as a child and I still love it now, I am looking forward to the real time version of the film that is out in July.
The bad giants always used to scare me as a child and they still kind of give me the creeps now but I have fond memories watching this as a child and I recommend any family watching it.

I give this film 10/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill
What really happened during Shakespeare's 'Lost Years'? Hopeless lute player Bill Shakespeare leaves his home to follow his dream. - IMDB 

The Horrible Histories team are back once more with a film all about Shakespeare and how he came to be...maybe. As usual they like to add a little adventure twist to their retellings and it never fails to entertain. Featuring Mathew Baynton (My favourite) as Bill, he always plays his chosen characters well and I would love to see him more in other films.
A great film for all the family!

I give this film 10/10 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!


Comments