Baking With Cloud Zombie - I Want Chocolate! Chocolate Orange Mini Pastries


Well I'm back with another random creation after another spontaneous bake.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Ingredients:
Most of my bake are based on what I have at the time, a lot of my baking is spontaneous so I try to bake with what I have. 

* Just Roll Light Puff Pastry Sheet
* A Small Pot of Marmalade
* White and Milk Chocolate Chips


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prep:
As I have probably said before I am terrible at making pastry so I tend to buy the pre rolled or packs, feel free to make your own pastry for this if you like.
1) I laid out the pastry and begin cut small squares a little smaller than the palm of my hand with a square cutter. I cut out 16 squares which would make 8.

2) I lay out the first set of squares on the baking tray evenly making sure the squares don't touch.

3) I spread a good helping of marmalade on the squares careful not to go all the way to the edges and then add a small amount of milk chocolate chips.

4) I then add the second set of squares on top of the first and press the edges down using a fork and then prick the middles with the fork.

5) I baked them at 200 Degrees Celsius for about 10 - 15 minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Baking:

6) Once they have fully baked I leave them to cool a little on a cooling rack while I prep the chocolate.



7) I melt the White and Milk Chocolate chips, you can either use a pan of hot water or a microwave. Be careful if using a microwave because the chocolate could burn. 


8) I begin to drizzle the chocolate over the cooked pastries, it's up to you if you want to make patterns.



9) You can either leave the chocolate to set or eat while it is still melted if you are feeling like you need chocolate that minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading!
cookie cookies baking oven



Comments